While the majority of people mean well, they often don’t know how to use gym equipment to its full potential like the experts do, falling into a boring pattern that won’t get you the best possible results.
Owner of Hanson Fitness and Celebrity Trainer Harry Hanson, who has trained stars such as Sandra Bullock and Tyra Banks is sharing 5 of the most unique ways to use dumbbells!
- The 21 method – this is a great technique to use when you want to work the entire bicep effectively. The 21 method involves three different ranges of motion to focus on building strength at different phases of the movement. You do the bottom half of a bicep curl for the first seven reps, the top half for the next seven, and then the full range for the final seven reps. It’s an all-encompassing and burning workout that will burn your muscles and leave you feeling great.
- Skull crushers – they sound scarier than they actually are, but skull crushers are an incredible way of working out the triceps – a muscle that many of forget about. With their 3 heads, the triceps are what will give the arms the t-shirt-filling power that we’re all after and they are a key muscle for providing support for every pushing movement or exercise. Don’t miss out on building those triceps!
- Supersets – considering the hectic schedules many of us have, it’s true that time is of the essence. If you’re looking to cut down on your workout time, try implementing supersets into your fitness regime. Supersets let you work all of your muscle groups completely while still getting enough recovery. A superset is when two or more exercises hitting different muscle groups are performed in a row without rest between them. They blast your muscles in a short space of time and lead to fantastic results.
- The pyramid technique – with this technique, you’ll be increasing weight and decreasing the reps for each set. Say, for example, you’re doing a shoulder press; start with a low weight that you can do a lot of reps with then increase the weight and decrease the number of reps. Changing the reps and weight of your training will lead to a more varied and well-rounded workout.
- Arms blast – known as a giant set, it’s an absolute killer of a workout that will leave you achieving maximum results in a short amount of time. It should take no more than 30 minutes and hit all muscle groups in the arms, with it being easy to tailor to your workout needs. The arms blast involves doing five sets of different exercises with 15 reps each. Repeat these three times with a 1-minute rest between giant sets. Combine any 5 arm exercises e.g. bicep curls, tricep extensions, forearm curls, skull crushers and incline curls. While it will leave you exhausted, an arms blast workout will give you those all-important results that you want.
If you’re after even more expert tips and tricks, visit our blog page to see Harry’s other advice. Or if you’re ready to learn more about getting fit with Harry or our other excellent Independent Trainers, please get in touch with us today!
Interested in becoming a member at Hanson Fitness? Check out our special offers to learn more about exclusive deals we have to offer!